December 05, 2007

Wednesday's Plan - final update

I feel REALLY good about today :-) I've gotten the MAJORITY of my list DONE! WOOO HOOOO, GO ME! :-D I'm currently taking a few out to check comments on my blog (I've been deep into the memes lately :-D), check out other blogs (it's only proper and nice to check out other people doing the meme you're doing, especially if they visited YOUR blog, and leave a comment :-)), and just generally veg a few minutes before I go off and do a few more things from my list then collapse into bed! :-)

Oh yes, and the latest report on the slow drizzle from our ceiling...about 6 this evening, the water started coming down a bit more (not a constant stream, but it picked up the pace enough to notice), so I decided it was time to call the resident manager. Well, not 2 rings into it, I hear a knock at the door. It was the resident manager, because he wanted to let me know what was up and see how the situation changed. He had replaced the pipe he said he was going to replace, but found a NEW leak...this one in the pipe going from the kitchen sink upstairs to the main line (or vice versa, depending on how you want to look at it). Someone is supposed to be coming tomorrow to fix that, good thing there doesn't have to be much if anything done down here with that. And good thing there are no appliances in that half of the room anymore. :-| This house deserves to be leveled. :-|

Dishes (of course!) - 2/3 of the way through :-) - one of the next things I'm going to do.
27 flings around the house, of both varieties - since this is sorta redundant (ie, I'm flinging things, either to the garbage or to my donation box, while I'm sorting stuff, and when I clean things up, so I'm already doing this), I think it's going to be eliminated from now on.
Fold whatever needs folded, and put away - also next on my list
Sort things on futon - phase 1 complete. Phase 2 complete (there will be a Phase 3) - computer cables and a few other items - Phase 3 will have to wait until tomorrow. Anyone having small flashbacks to the game Phase 10? I'm also getting them to the Army when discussing phases. Weird.
Pick up the floor - always
Start Advent project with kids - I'll finish cutting some of this and setting it up, then the kids and I will catch up to where we are on the Advent calendar. I know, bad me..:-\ Clear mantle - done!
Decorate - mantle only, but that's all I intended to decorate!
Figure out dinner - I'm thinking spaghetti with homemade spaghetti sauce. It's amazingly quick for me :-) Maybe some chicken in it too :-) - done, no chicken. That's okay :-)

Vac - done
Replace Penny Savers on floor - done
Pick up our room after T wakes up - done
Added:
Put P to bed - done
Wash T's clothes - also next on the list....

Getting P to bed didn't go too bad tonight. He insisted on sitting up a few times to have some water, and we forgot to bring his big stuffed Elmo in, but other than that there was no yelling and screaming, and he eventually rolled over and let me pat his back so he'd fall asleep. I think it helps to have the light off and the door closed. I hope he's this good when my fil comes out. If he does. T said "as far as I know, that's what's supposed to happen when he comes out." Okay, the guy already has his vacation scheduled for the time his dad's supposed to be coming out. When are we going to hear from his dad or call him? :-| Men. That's part of why I'm doing the house. That and it needed it. But still. And he has to work Christmas night :-( At least he'll be getting paid a BUNCH for it!!!! :-( But he still has to WORK CHRISTMAS NIGHT.

I've got to get going. I'd like to get my little list done and then I want to do some of the reading for Advent. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with that once I get to the point where I've caught up :-|