February 26, 2008

[Ten on Tuesday] 10 Movies That You've Intended to Watch, but Haven't

This should be a fairly easy list to make, all I really have to do is look over what dvds we have in our collection that I haven't read yet!  :-)  So, here's the pile, with a couple that we don't have or that have passed through my "to watch" pile!

1.  The Lake House - this was bought with several others (some that I haven't watched yet either) because it sounded good, and I just haven't sat down to watch it yet!

2. Luther - I bought this because I was raised Lutheran and have always been interested and intrigued by the history of, well, my history.  It's sorta like why I got The Dreamcatcher, a movie based on Native American history (Native American Studies was my minor in college)---but I've watched that one.  I like it so much that I bought it---it was a made for tv movie.

3.  Bambi II - can you believe they made a sequel to this?  What, does Bambi actually die in this one?  What's the point?  But I want to one day see if the story in this one can match the original.

4.  Lord of War - simply because we bought it, and it's still sitting on the shelf.  I'm pretty sure T's already watched it (because he would be the one it was bought "for").

5.  The Wicker Man - it seemed intriguing when we bought it.

6.  Van Helsing - it's got Hugh Jackman.  Need I say more?

7.  The Neverending Story II - I know I've seen the original like a million times.  Can they capitalize on the success?  And would it be a good idea?

8.  Fahrenheit 9/11 - I'm interested in politics.  It's not just a passing fancy---but it's so complicated and depressing that I really can't concentrate on it long.  Or I'll get really...depressed.  But I WANT to watch it. 

9.  SiCKO - We haven't bought this one yet, but I DO want to see it---and everyone that HAS seen it highly recommends it!  (Hi, Teresa!)  And of course for the same reason as #8. :-)

10. Gone in 60 Seconds - My dad owns the remake.  And the original.  And my mom got the director/writer/producer's autograph when we saw him one day on the streets in his...hometown, which is the next town over from where we live (a little research WILL finally get you where I live) just DAYS (if not the day before) he died.  That was tragic!  :-(  I'm not as interested in seeing the remake as I am in seeing the original.  Few names as big as this came from this area. 

Bonus:  This I should be *real* proud of...my exercise videos.  I've really got to start hitting those :-|


To check out other Ten on Tuesday participants, go here

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

#1 - good, but not as good as I expected it to be. I played along, too. Check mine out & let me know if you've seen any of these!

Jennifer :-)

CableGirl said...

good list of movies. I haven't seen any of them except Fahrenheit 9/11

Hope you get to them.

hop hop hoppin'