January 22, 2008

Tuesday's Challenge

I've decided I'm going to do my best to just bust through whatever it is that's making me feel so bad. I've considered carbon monoxide poisoning or something, considering I DO feel a bit better when I leave, and I feel worse at one end of the couch than the other, but we've got a CO detector, and if there was something wrong, it would be screaming, right? It's not. It did last year (and from the gas company came in to check around), but it's not now. So, I think I'm just suffering from an extra long cold or a touch of the flu. It's not like I can go to the doc and get checked for it anyhow. It would cost me $300 just to think about it.

Speaking of which, T mentioned that the government/Bush is thinking of another tax refund thing this year, and we'd get roughly $1600 from it. Well, I think it's stupid---give us the break with the taxes we give them every day, not some large chunk that's probably really not in the budget. I mean, if you think our money situation is bad---look at the government. And who's calling them asking for their money? No one can touch them, and they do way worse than any citizen.

Anyhow, I'm going to suggest to T that we use that for the bills we owe on. We should have something left over---maybe enough for a lunch or something. He's thinking about going out to Colorado to visit again this year (prompted by his brother asking me if we were coming out, and telling me to talk to him about it. I told him up front I don't want to go, due in part to the fact that I don't want to have to deal with his grandma :( Not my idea of FUN and that's what a vacation's supposed to be!!!). We could work around that too, but I really want to start thinking about our long term, and start paying things off so maybe one day we CAN get a house! :-| We'll see :-|

So, I've done some dishes already, picked up the floor a bit, and rearranged the stuff on the futon a bit. I've also removed the clothes that were there, and I plan on folding them. Then picking up all the clothes around the house (namely in our bedroom and the bathroom), and poking and prodding the washer to see if the pipes have thawed yet :-|