January 18, 2008

Friday's Feast #5

Appetizer
What is your favorite beverage?

Raspberry Tea, but lately I've been drinking a LOT of coffee....I guess once I went back to it, I really hit that one hard!

Soup
Name 3 things that are on your computer desk at home or work.


The computer tower, printer and monitor. Oh, you mean other than that? Papers, a can we put loose change in, and all my office supplies. It's a very full desk :-|

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how honest do you think you are?


An 8. The 2 points I deduct are because with certain people I leave stuff out. And sometimes there's a lot of things I leave out. But I try very hard not to lie. It's a commandment after all, right?

Main Course
If you could change the name of one city in the world, what would you rename it and why?


This is a hard one. I think it would be the town one over from ours. It's got another name they've been thinking of calling it, and it's actually on a lot of their signs. I'm not sure why it's not called that, or why it's called what it is, but I think the name they've been throwing around changing it to is much prettier, and might give people a better image of this area. :-)

Dessert
What stresses you out? What calms you down?

Oh my, the list of what stresses me out is too long to really go through. But I'll give you the highlights---money, the house being a mess so often, my weight, money, my weight, the house....yeah, that about covers it. I mean, if you're a regular reader, you really should already know all this....throw in how I am as a mom...I'm not going to be perfect, but sometimes I'm really scared that I might get even a bit close to the really bad ones. I don't really think so, on one level or another, but I'm still scared. I guess it's a good thing to worry about that, huh?

As for what calms me---3 things are big for me. (1)My hobbies, especially crocheting or knitting (I just LOVE to see things "grow" from my fingers). (2)Cuddling up to T. From the day we fell in love, I've always felt that when I'm in his arms, the whole world disappears, and it's just us. If I'm thinking about something or worried about it, being wrapped up in his arms clears it out of my head for a while. Like a whole bunch of white noise in the background. (3)This is kind of a new thing, but I've noticed I feel very refreshed after---going to church. I need to put in more times when I'm at home of just me and God, but you can't deny the fact that concentrating on Him just makes things better. And if you REALLY think about it, all 3 things are the same thing---crocheting and knitting (or creating, period) are all God-given gifts to express myself and honor Him. And T is the one God gave me to be my one flesh partner---my one and only. So, it's all the same, isn't it? :-) Good thing....good thing! :-D It's amazing to stop and think how He's been at work inside me and in my life even when I wasn't focusing on Him! And I guess it's not really new....

6 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

Thanks for visiting my Feast! It's always nice to meet a fellow Allison (spelled this way, of course).

;-)

Unknown said...

My weight stresses me out a bit too, I still have to lose 10 lbs of my pregnancy weight and my baby is now almost a year old. Ugh! I guess I just gotta try and try and try! LOL. :)

Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by!

I notice a positive change too after we've gone to church. Quite the opposite happens when we don't go that's for sure.

Tawnya Shields said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my Friday Feast. Much appreciated.

I really enjoyed the things that make you relax. We must find more time to do such things. To keep our sanity. :o)

Have a great weekend,
Titania

Sonya said...

I agree that focusing on God more at home would be helpful to combat stress. I don't do that enough because I'm too busy getting stressed! LOL! My weight really stresses me out too. Instead of getting stressed about it, I wish I could get up the energy to do something about it!

Andrea said...

Thanks for visiting my feast! I enjoy your answers. I'll be back soon!