January 13, 2008

Sunday starts a new week

Unfortunately, I'm still recovering from the last one. As is not unexpected, I'm feeling low after this weekend's adventures. I'm still working on the praying thing---but with all my eating (insert eye roll here) and possibly the onset of my period causing problems with my chemistry and making my head hurt more than it should after having caffeine, I'm on a major let down. The thoughts (not unhelped by my mom's whispers in my ear) of what kind of a parent I am (or what kind I guilt myself into thinking I am) start up. I realize I'm actually a really good mom---I've got great, reasonably obedient kids, smart kids, sweet kids. They know how much they are loved. :-) But that doesn't mean I feel all that much better about my parenting all the time. :-( I need to go to bed soon, I think a good night's sleep will do me good. I wanted to go to bed even earlier than this (I'm going to be able to get to bed before midnight---not that I couldn't before, but this time I'm going to make it, I swear!), but at least I'm going to get to bed at a decent hour, right?

My ankles and half of my lower body hurts from delivering the papers. We got them done slightly different than usual, but we got them done. And that's all that matters.

My plan for this week, notably tomorrow, is to get that check cashed, vacuum the floor, do some dishes and do some clothes. I hope I can get it done, and declutter some around here too.

Good news, I finished the main body of Rosa's afghan. I just have to weave in all the end. Now I'm starting to work on the pillow :-)

Okay, done. :-)