January 11, 2008

Friday's Feast #4

Appetizer
What is your middle name? Would you change any of your names if you could? If so, what would you like to be called?

Anne. I used to play around with other names to be called when I was in high school, the most notable being Cheri. I'm no longer interested in that, I like my name. Especially since now my first and last name rhyme!

Soup
If you were a fashion designer, which fabrics, colors, and styles would you probably use the most?

Considering I'm a fiber artist, I'd use a lot of hand crocheted or knitted objects, first off. But I also like to sew, so flannel or fleece might be what I use a lot of, and some cotton as well. If I want to be fancy or sexy, I might go with silky, draping fabrics. I know no matter how fat I am, I'd have my styles leave a LOT more to the imagination---lots of the clothes I see are no bigger than postage stamps and/or a transparent as a sandwich bag!!! :-(

Salad
What is your least favorite chore, and why?

Dishes. It gets redundant, and they collect up way too quick. Besides, I don't really like standing there, trying to keep P out of trouble, and getting my belly all wet. But I like vacuuming!

Hey, if you'll come over and do my dishes, I'll come over and vacuum your floor!

Main Course
What is something that really frightens you, and can you trace it back to an event in your life?

I'd have to say losing my family. There's no one thing in my life I can trace it back to---I've never had problems in my life that would result intervention by governmental authorities. T's been in foster care, but my parents have been married for 33 years, and have always been good law abiding citizens. T's foster care visit had something to do with a custody battle or some such. Though you could probably say that my mom hasn't helped in this area, because she has put the fear of God in me about my house being "too dirty" (it's never been REALLY bad) or all the shows and such focusing on horrible parents getting their kids taken from them. My mom isn't so much a guilt monger as she's a paranoia spreader (don't tell her I said that!)

Dessert
Where are you sitting right now? Name 3 things you can see at this moment.

Well, duh, in front of my computer in the computer room. I can see (1) my son playing in the area at the bottom of our stairs, which I've recently organized well enough that he can play in there, and he can hide because we put up a curtain just before Christmas to hide the mess that was there (why is it that as soon as you do someting like that, you manage to be able to clean it up??). (2)T is sleeping in the living room, his head on the end of the couch that is right in line between the door from the computer room into the living room and D's room into the living room. (3)If the curtain is not spread out (like now, because P's been playing with it, has it sorta wound around itself, and he just put it so it will stay), and with the bit of space in the window on that area, I can actually see outside. I see the roof of the back room of the house next door (what they use that room for I have no idea), and the trees in their yard, between their fence and the driveway.

2 comments:

**"Liza"** said...

great feast here i like your fashion idea..;0
Have a great weekend!
Mine is up too

Trace said...

Thanks for stopping by!! :) I'm with you about clothes being small or see through. I think sizes in general are getting smaller... or maybe I am just getting fatter. Heh. :)

I don't mind dishes so much since we moved last. This place has a dish washer and I love that I can get the kitchen cleaned in 10mins. :) Sometimes it takes longer when my man has been cooking - as great a cook as he is, he makes such a mess! :)

Trace