November 21, 2007

Say it ain't so!

You're not going to believe it. I actually got up at 8 AM two days in a row ON PURPOSE. And I feel GOOD about the idea! And I'm AWAKE at noon. Amazing, huh?

Well, yesterday when I got up to get ready to go to MOPS, I liked how it felt so much, being alone (or pretty much so), with P still in bed, and one of those days (yesterday) T being asleep too. Even having him up when I got up today was good---we didn't talk about much, but we got to talk, person to person, and he showed me all his purchases for turkey day and his cheesecakes. He's all excited because he now has enough cream cheese for 5 cheesecakes!! I'm not going to be looking forward to that...I'm going to have to limit what I have or avoid them all together. No big, I guess.

The rest of the day doesn't look too bad. I've got to pay a couple bills...I'm happy that the money hit the account today. When I first checked the bank's online service, it wasn't posted, but the second time, it was. So I'm happy about that. I've written out the checks for the bills I'm going to pay, and I've noticed that I have a good deal of money left over. I hope I don't spend it ALL. I'm also planning on new shoes for P and I, as we both really need them. I'm going to have to buy him new boots, but even though a small bit of seam on one of mine is splitting, I'm not going to get a new pair. Other than that one spot they are in great condition I think. I'm hoping D can live on the ones she's got now. She was wearing them the other day, so I'm hoping so. I've got a load in the dryer, one in the basket of the same stuff, a load (mine) in the washer, and I'm sure I'll be putting T's clothes in shortly. My dishes are nearly done, really. I've put away what I did yesterday, I've got another sink-ful in the drainer, and there's another sinkful in now. I'm planning on having them all done by tonight. I'm going to have to get up off the computer soon, but that doesn't sound as impossible as it might have at other times. I'm also going to have to go to the store...I don't have much to get, just enough for the fruit salad at mom's tomorrow, and potatoes for tomorrow, plus maybe a bag of some veggie or other. Dad's got the stuffing and some candied yams for mom. We're going to have some friends over besides just dad...we should have enough room, even though I was at first thinking it would just be her. By her email earlier today, I'm starting to wonder if it's also going to be her husband too, which is GREAT. Haven't seen him in forever, and it was just his birthday (maybe I should pick up a card too....I'll add it to the list in a minute here), and I can't wait to see him! :-) He gives good hugs, hee hee :-) I've also got to get some rolls...we always have Grands because that's what T likes, and my dad likes another kind. We haven't discussed them lately, and I don't remember seeing them the last time I was at Quality but I could be wrong. Our friends are going to take care of the pie. I told her she (they) is (are) welcome, just bring a pumpkin pie :-D I'm excited to have more than just immediate family for dinner. It'll be cool.

The turkey's already being thawed. On one of my lists, we had discussed our turkey day and turkey preps, because on lady needed to know since I guess it would be one of her first. I mentioned that it's T's department, and that we hadn't exactly discussed it but I was sure he had been thinking about it. Last night he wanted to go to WM for a bucket, and started the brine (finished it too, ha ha). See, we're like connected at the brain level too. ha ha 12 years, what do you expect? :-D

Well, I gotta get up from here :-) Have a good day :-D