November 17, 2007

Celebrate the union, not the day.....

Tomorrow is our 12th anniversary (I know it's not the first time I mentioned this important milestone---each year is precious). 2 years ago we renewed our vows. Last year, we went out for dinner the evening of our anniversary (to Ellicottville Brewery here in town....YUM! The food, not the alcohol as I had none, but he had some dark beer :-)). This year we went up to Olive Garden with the kids, and spent some money as well, LOL! 2 years ago, our anniversary fell on a Friday, but as my sister was getting married just 3 weeks later, the pastor wouldn't do ours on a Friday too...Fridays were his day off. So we did that on the 17th as well. That's fine though. What's important is not to celebrate the day, but the union that was formed.

I think we do that most every day anyhow. Most days, I'm still just as crazy over him, if not more so, than when we first met. Frankly, I wouldn't want to spend my time with anyone else more, ever. I turn to him for most decisions, because it's how it should be....it effects both of our lives, and we're both halves of the same unit.

We went up and had Olive Garden with the kids. Then we went to Borders and checked to see about Buzz Word. Then we went to JoAnn Fabrics and got some yarn. All in all a good, money spending heavy evening. :-)

Now it's time for me to go to bed!!!