April 16, 2008

Mid Week

I've been busy, that's why I haven't been back since this weekend to say hi.

Good thing: this week was the last week of doing the Penny Saver route. Bad thing about that: I'll only be getting half of what I've been earning from it, for the candles next month. I may be able to go one more month on COTM, because next month ends up being a 3 paycheck month---but I definitely can't do that for long! :-| But that gives me a month to get back in the swing of things and get in my grove again. Can I do it? Will I again fall on my face? I don't know! But I'm going to make an effort!

I went to my doctor's appointment on Monday. It wasn't an annual check up, it was just a getting back in touch because of my lab work. But the other appointment was part of an annual, in that he did stuff he does during annuals then, and some during the appointment on Monday. All my lab work looked good. I did tell him about feeling horrible the 2 weeks before my period, and getting headaches after chocolate and coffee, though I said that might be more something for the gyn. He said "I'll tell you the same thing he'll tell you. Don't eat or drink that." Which I won't drink coffee again (boo hoo), but I will experiment to see when I can and can't eat chocolate. I got the go ahead to start getting back to normal activity on my ankle. He said I should be right back about where I was in a couple weeks. No more Penny Saver route, but I was dreading it even before the ankle sprain. I'm starting today to go for a walk, I'll see how far my ankle will let me go.

I'm nearly done with my backlog of dishes! Woo hoo! I've got just one spot on my counter with dishes on it, just in front of the microwave, next to the sink, and that only has my worst stuff on it! So happy to see my counter again! I made cookies for an outreach the church does to a local prison, and I was able to find some place to put the cookies to cool. AND, I only ate one cookie! :-D I'm going to be making more, but I don't know which and I don't know when. Soon. I made oatmeal raisin cookies, and they were GOOD. It was good. :-D I gained 2 pounds this week, but then it's the time of the month. Finally. It's taking so long now, I wonder sometimes if I'm pregnant! How did I get from my dishes to my monthly friend, I don't know.

The house is in a state of flux. There are a lot of clothes to fold, and on the back of the old couch there are things (towels, socks, baskets) to go through. And I need to figure out a Bean with Bacon soup where I substitute ham for the bacon (and probably pinto beans for the Navy beans), after I chop up the ham I got for Easter. I already used it for an attempt at low fat/fat free scalloped ham and potatoes in the crockpot. It was good! I'd like to freak on the recipe builder at the Weight Watchers site. It will freeze after the first or second thing I put into it. Whether it be the food tracker or the recipe builder, it will freeze on me and then I won't be able to do a thing.

Good news. Purely by chance, P found the old camera. So you may once again be treated to pictures of my life. Not of such great quality as before, but pictures all the same :-) I'm worried I might have just gone and messed up all the old pictures, that were on the camera before we cleared the pictures, which was just before or around the time of the accident. Which would really suck because pictures of P playing with his blocks are in there! :-( Oh, yippee, I solved that problem!

Well, I must get something to eat, then go for a walk, then go to my dad's so the kids can earn some money. D mostly, but I think I'll be able to talk my dad into giving P a dollar, I know he'll like that! And he'll be able to complete the task some! :-)

Take care, see you later---maybe a Wordless Wednesday will come of this! :-D

No comments: