March 14, 2008

Friday's Feast #12

Appetizer

On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 as highest), how much do you like your own handwriting?

I'd say about a 9. I also like my husband's handwriting a lot. I LOVE the way I sign my name (the "signature" from Signatures.com down there is not really close likeness, but I don't want it to be because I don't want people to use it, if ykwim). It's all loopy but thin in a way too. I've liked it since I was in high school, as I've signed my name as I do since then---and I was happy after a while when I realized my first and last name rhyme, because I've got the last 3 letters in my last name practiced---son. I have a certain way those get signed too. And I think my ex-best friend's handwriting is probably one of the few things I still like about her. I don't know how to explain it, but I always feel comforted when I saw a letter from her, something in her handwriting, or maybe the fact that she was actually making an effort to write to me. I think the person whose handwriting is closest to hers that I know now is my pen pal Teresa, from Michigan :-) I like her handwriting a lot too :-)

Soup

Do you prefer baths or showers?

I take a lot of showers, but that's because the baths we have are always rather difficult to get in and out of being a rather large woman. I'd love a huge whirl pool tub though. Of course, you can't discount the value of a nice long hot shower. :-)

Salad

What was the last bad movie you watched?

Oh, man, the last movie I saw that I wish I could have gotten that time back---Blades of Glory. It's oddly good, but those parodies are ridiculous. But I guess that's how they're supposed to be. Runner up---Epic Movie.

Main Course

Name something you are addicted to and describe how it affects your life.

Well, there's a lot of things I'm addicted to. Food. I've already gone over this in another post. Computer games. I sometimes spend WAY too much time on the computer playing this game or that. Yarn, crocheting, knitting. Probably one of the few things that do not adversely effect my life. Not like food or computer games do. Because it's part of me, it's productive, and I can put the stuff down.

Dessert

Which instrument is your favorite to listen to?

Clarinet. It's what my daughter plays, and she's not bad at it. Which reminds me, she hasn't practiced at home for ages. :-|

No comments: