April 19, 2005

Taking a minute.

Might as well take a moment while I have it. I'm working on dinner and am going to have to wake my husband up in a moment. But I haven't written here for a couple days, and I didn't want my limited fan base to think I'm not around anymore. Ha ha. I might disappear once in a while, but I'm not in a bad mood or anything (except for the occasional pregnancy mood swing that prompts my husband to lay off), so I'll pop my head in for a minute. I don't have the time to sit and write all I want, since today is after all a big day---the 10th Anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing, the day of the election of the new pope, etc. But I've got other things to do and on my mind. I might not get a real chance to sit back down in front of the computer and write a "book" as my mom and our penpal might call it, in blog form, until next week, as I approximate it, but it's just good to send out those tentacles once in a while. :-)

I will report, I wrote about 4 pages of my Bridges story this weekend. That's something, considering I was outside watching my kid and dealing with the other kids in the neighborhood while I was doing it. I've come to wonder if I'm going to have to worry about bullies for her, but I'm hoping not. I think she's the kind of kid whose going to open up her mouth and say something. She's been defending herself a lot more lately, with the one kid in the trailer park who's big trouble (let his family move away soon PLEASE!!!), so I think she's going to be able to handle herself okay, and if she runs into any problems I really think she's going to turn to us.