April 15, 2005

A day off...

Yesterday I managed to get 2/3 of the folding I wanted to do done. Today, however, isn't going to be quite as productive. I haven't taken my hour and written. Instead, I took what amounts to be a 5 hour nap. What can I say, I was TIRED!!! But today I have a doctor's appointment, so I couldn't sleep all day. I was doing well, but I made that schedule flexible, just in case something like this happened. And the day isn't over yet, maybe I'll take some time and go in to write some still. I think you can probably bet on it.

Something good happened last night. The little one had yet to kick for daddy. Every time I would call him in while someone was kicking, or go in and lay down next to him and someone would kick, I'd have him put his hand on my belly, but someone would stop. It was getting down right wierd, and we were wondering if maybe someone didn't like daddy, or was playing games with us (yes, I know it's not really possible considering the state the person is in, but it never failed, someone never kicked when daddy had his hand on my belly!!!). Well, last night I was laying on the couch, and encouraged him to put his hand on my belly in this one spot that I can get some call and recall going with the kid while I'm laying there. He came in, just put his hand on my belly for a little bit, then decided to do some call recall of his own. Wouldn't you know it, someone reacted, so daddy finally felt a kick! Made me really happy, and I think daddy too!!!

No comments: