October 24, 2007

Feeling a bit more comfortable

Things are starting to look up somewhat. In reference to my emotional dump last week....

The dishes are now halfway wrapped up. I have about half of the dishes that had been sitting on the counter unwashed done. It constitutes the majority of our dishes, really----if nothing else, at least half. I worked on those today. The cheesecake he made was good. I only ate 2 or 3 pieces---and it didn't keep me from losing weight this week, either. In fact, I lost a whopping 2.4 pounds! It helps a lot that I walked at least 2 times other than delivering the Penny Savers. As for the empty boxes, I'm down to the big one still being empty. I put some old baby clothes in the smallest one after sorting through them to find some onesies, etc, to give to my first recruit for her sister's new baby, and that box has to go upstairs. I swapped out my fabric into one of the boxes under the futon and put my writing resources into the next larger one. That goes under my desk (as opposed to the large box of computer stuff that's presently under the computer desk). I'm hoping to start opening it soon as I'd like to start writing again. I found 3 afghans in one of the boxes I brought down when B and J were here earlier this month. Those are now at the Home. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the towels I've put toppers on that were in the other box, though I could give them as gifts, etc. There are also a few hats for kids, and I have some smaller baby hats that I had made and just never got a chance to send back when the crochet group did the Save the Children charity. I went through all of my books on the shelves in the living room. The library book is still missing, but I did find my cell phone and my jump drive. Within about an hour or two of finding each, I had a flash that I would....and I ended up just looking somewhere and boom there they were. I said each time I wish the same would happen with the book(s)!

Well, other than that I have to wrap up my computer time here, read where I am in TPDL, and then take a shower and go to bed. :-)

Take care!