September 08, 2006

Busy life...

Wow, life has just been...full. Not busy as I'd like it, the house isn't getting much better---though P's sleeping is. One small blessing. It helps that I put him down at pretty much the same time---8-9pm most nights. Later if things get in the way.

With all this Bucky (ugh!!!) stuff, and living downstairs from his daughter, it's been emotionally exhausting. And I'm trying to distance myself, but you can't help being scared with all the stuff they're putting out. It's certainly scaring my mom (and mother in law, frankly), and she's 2 states away now!!! :-| I think with my mom, she's reading a lot of junk that's being put out in the paper, and suffering from a lot of blind faith. There's nothing wrong in believing----but, you've got to question EVERYTHING as well (I think my daughter's getting to the age where at some level she understands that!! "Why mommy?"). I put up for her about the kids, but that's the last I will do (unless I need my phone---"hello, 911.").

On a lighter note---an interesting thing came to mind this evening. I ran into the mother of a girl I graduated from high school with while going into the store this evening. She knew I was going to college, and what I was planning on going for, so while we were talking, she pointed out that there's a listing in the county for a position that sounded to her (and to me :-D) to be right up my alley...so I looked it up. Then I looked up the practice tests (test question examples, from what I could see---my Adobe Reader on this computer [since it's the one we've been using since ours bit the dust and it's INCREDIBLY SLOWER] is only a 3, and doesn't read all the awesome stuff our old hard drive/processor can handle, so I couldn't see ALL the stuff in the information "packet"), and they seem pretty easy. Is it arrogant to think that clerical work is simple? Is there more to what my sister went to school for? Don't know, I went to a totally different school for something totally different. But it at least looks like I can do the stuff in the practice tests. If that translates to the actual test being...not too hard...and the tests in Colorado are similar to the ones here....maybe an entry level county or state job when we go out to Colorado isn't out of the question! :-) That would be nice. I'd have to ask T what he would think of something like a construction job...and boy wouldn't that be a nice thing to suggest to R(of R&J)??...my dad does a clerical job there with the VA. Heck, there's even an idea to look into. I'm starting a compilation of Colorado Job searches...the link to the Larimer job listing site is the first one (well, the first one I marked as such---I did have another one I found when we were out there. I should file that in the same folder...boy it would be nice to simply be a literary critic....*sigh*)...

Well, sleep and a shower call. I'll answer the second first, and the first second. Maybe I do a little crocheting inbetween. I've got to post some of the things I've made, if I can get this computer to transfer for me....