June 19, 2007

My World...

Things have been going, that's the least I can say. Things have felt off since after my birthday. Some of the reason, I couldn't quite put my finger on. Some of it was getting Aunt Flo back (finally, after 3 years of having NOTHING, and 2 years to the day after having my son :-D), and all the hormones that come with that. Some of it could be from not getting enough sleep. I've got something for the candle biz I want to get done, then I will be off to bed tonight. But I've been doing better about getting my butt to bed, and things must be getting better otherwise because I'm starting to pull this house back into some order. Part of that you can see in my living room, because I moved the couch around a bit. My son had been getting on the back of it to look out this big picture window we have in the living room, but I don't like the idea of that (for a variety of reasons, all which are easy to guess at), so I wanted to move it. You can also see it in my kitchen because I am starting to do better with the dishes and reclaiming it from the fruit flies (yeah, I know, ewwwww!!!). I put the 6 quarts of strawberries we picked today in the fridge---hopefully that will help keep them away some!!!!! At least from the strawberries. I'd like to freeze some too, but I don't think that's quite what my husband had in mind when we picked them. It sure was FUN to do!!!! My little guy walked over a few plants, but what can you do considering he's only 2 and doesn't really know better. He only did it a couple times, and I really don't think he hit any berries because the shoes don't look very red at all (they're white on blue, and you'd see on the white, so...). But they are ALWAYS fun to pick!!! :-) Getting those nice big ripe berries, tasting them when you get home (or, heck, yeah, while you're picking them!!!), spending time together as a family doing something we all enjoy...all in all a good day :-D

Of course, today did have it's sad edge to it. One of my husband's coworkers died over the weekend. He was 2 years younger than my dad (yeah, a lot of my husband's coworkers are my parents age, is that really such a surprise?), and he died of a heart attack. Just about 5 minutes after walking in the door after work. Besides which, his wife has incurable cancer, and he was doing a whole lot for her. They have a daughter, who helps out some too, so it's not as if she's all alone. But I know she must be hurting---I can only imagine how I would feel if I lost T. He and the kids are my world. They are the meaning behind it all, and the fun at the end :-) My life would not be complete without them, and I'm so happy I've got them. :-D It wasn't totally sad. A handful of my husband's coworkers, plus at least one other union person, was there at the funeral home. I got to listen to a few stories, watch T amongst people he's not usually around me with (IYKWIM), and met the man's wife. I can only imagine what she's going through, and my heart totally goes out to her! One day, unfortunately, it will be me. That's what happens---death is a natural part of life. No matter how it happens.

And dinner today was good. Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs. :-D Grilled pineapple is GOOD, espeically if you burn it just a tiny bit. Then the sugars crystalize a bit (I think that's what you'd call it), and it crunches a bit :-) We are DEFINITELY having them (or something similar) again!!! Good good good good good (as long as it doesn't make any of us sick, and I think we'd know by now! :-))